Welcome!

Thanks for checking me out! This is a work in progress so far, but before too long I will be up and running smoothly. Check back for book and movie reviews, challenges, and much more! Feedback welcome :)

Friday, May 20, 2011

If Today Was Your Last Day....

So...something has been bothering me lately, and I figure...why not share it! I have been reading a lot about Harold Camping and his "Prophecies" about May 21, 2011 being "Judgement Day". Seriously? Last time it was suppose to be January 1, 2000...then again in December 2012...now it's tomorrow. Yay something to look forward to, at least the forecast is calling for rain so it's suppose to be a crappy day anyway. This is driving me nuts. I am sooo tired of hearing about the end of the world so I just HAD to say something.

I don't like to discredit other people's beliefs. I think everyone is entitled to their own. I also think this subject alone is taboo and I could be blasted just for talking about it...whatever. What I do know...is tomorrow I have no children home with me, it's the weekend and I don't have to go into work. You know what I will be doing? Wait for it...wait for it...CLEANING!! Oh such an exciting time for me. So I suppose if Mr. Camping is right, at least I get out of mopping the floors.

Now I have no problem with religious beliefs, in fact, I think it's very important to have something to believe in but I think it might be going a bit too far to start blasting all over the place about how the world is going to end and getting people going. It is a scary thought and one that, personally, I would rather be oblivious to.
I have read articles online, several in fact, about this new "Judgement Day". I actually don't see any real proof that the world will start to end tomorrow, but if it does...I have to wonder...what would I do if today was my last day?

The answer: spend time with my kids, visit relatives and some of my favorite places, maybe go to an amusement park and ride one of those humongous roller coasters that I am too terrified to look at...just to say I did it. I honestly don't know, but I can tell you that today was just like any other for me. I got up, had coffee, got my kids off to school and went to work. Paid some bills, surfed the web, did some blogging. Tonight, I may have a glass of wine and watch a good movie or finish my latest read. So I suppose if I wake up tomorrow and find that it is the beginning of the end, I might have wasted my last true day.


So....what would YOU do if today was your last day?

2 comments:

  1. If I have wasted my last day sitting around in PJ's while I finish laundry, that's my own damn fault. XD
    Sorry, but even the bible says no one knows when the end will come. So how can this Camping guy?? I hate it when people get other people into a tizzy over something like this. It allows dangerous people to get involved and be destructive "for a cause". Whatevs.
    Wake me up when the world is truly going end. I'm going to go take a nap. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts exactly. That's kinda why I had to post this. An article I read and actually thought was amazing, said the same thing. NO one knows when the world will end...if it ever does. I don't think I will be around to see it anyway. I thinks it is all just an attention grabber. Oh well, can't control what people say and do. Didn't Manson start out the same way? Just saying. So enjoy your nap, I think I hear the couch and a glass of white calling my name :D

    ReplyDelete